Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Old Freinds New Changes





So I must be on a Florence is getting better kick. We have another reason to like Florence. I have a friend here that I taught with the first time we lived here that has adopted us. Phyllis is one of the few people I kept in contact with after we left Florence. She's the first one I called when we knew we were coming back. We try to make sure we see "Aunt" Phyllis every week. She has become our family in Florence. The kids ask on a regular basis when can Aunt Phyllis come over.
Before
After
We love our new house but we do not love all the colors that are in our new house. This weekend we decided to start making some changes. We started by painting our laundry room. It started out a really gross orange with yellow rag rolled over the top!!! YUCK! After 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of color, it is a wonderful green. It is amazing how much you can do with paint!!



1 comment:

  1. - Severin, I am going to change just now the color of the laundry(laundry room).

    Severin looks at the object that Mari has between(among) the hands.

    - Mari, you cannot do it.

    - Why? I do not like the color that has now.

    - Already, but I do not believe that it is a good idea.

    - Say the truth to me, what does happen?

    - Do not be how to say this to you...

    - Say it to me.

    - Mmm... Ok: you cannot use a pintauñas to paint the walls!

    - Not?

    - I will take charge changing the color!

    - Oh, thanks, dear Severin!

    Severin gets into the laundry(laundry room) with a bucket and a brush.
    Mari smiles and begins to paint the nails to him(you,them).

    - He is so innocent! - she says.

    (- Severin, voy a cambiar ahora mismo el color de la lavandería.

    Severin mira el objeto que Mari tiene entre las manos.

    - Mari, no puedes hacerlo.

    - ¿Por qué? No me gusta el color que tiene ahora.

    - Ya, pero no creo que sea una buena idea.

    - Dime la verdad, ¿qué ocurre?

    - No sé cómo decírte esto...

    - Dimelo.

    - mmm... Ok: ¡No puedes usar un pintauñas para pintar las paredes!

    - ¿No?

    - ¡Yo me encargaré de cambiar el color!

    - ¡Oh, gracias, Severin querido!

    Severin se mete en la lavandería con un cubo y una brocha.
    Mari sonríe y comienza a pintarse las uñas.

    - ¡Es tan inocente!- dice.)

    ReplyDelete